JOIN THE TEAM
Vehicle Conversion Specialist
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable full time Vehicle Conversion Specialist for our Denver, CO location.
About the Company
Vanlife Customs was founded 2 years ago in a back yard in Boulder, CO. Since then, the business has grown organically through word of mouth and now has six full time employees working out of a studio in Denver, CO. Vanlife employs two military veterans, a trained architect, an aerospace extraordinaire, a mechanical engineer, as well as other van dwellers and moto-gurus with a wide variety of experience between them. These skills come together in order to create and deliver the ultimate adventure to our customers.
Vanlife is rapidly becoming a leading provider of custom designed and upfitted camper vans. We specialize in building custom Sprinter, Transit or ProMaster vans to fit a wide array of lifestyles. From a full-time traveler to weekend warriors, we build vans to suit every type of adventure.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Vehicle Conversion Specialist to join our well established and successful team.
Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar field or general construction. Position includes design, fabrication, procurement, and installation. A broad mechanical and electrical knowledge, an acute attention to detail, and positive attitude required. Vanlife has a fun work atmosphere, unique company culture, and we are prepared to train and invest in our staff.
- Work Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm.
- Must be a detail oriented person.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and tidy work space; Vanlife takes pride in our company image.
- Project a friendly, kind, and positive attitude; No one likes to work with unpleasant people.
- Must be able to follow directions, work as a team, or as an individual.
- General construction practices
- General cabinet fabrication and assembly practices
- Safely operate a table saw, circular saw, cutoff wheel, chop saw, pneumatic air nailer, and other general shop tools
- Clear understanding of 12v and 110v electrical systems
- A basic understanding of computers
- General automotive repair
- Welding and metal fabrication knowledge recommended
Basic Description of Typical Duties
- Basic Description of Typical Duties
- Cutting and installing windows and vent fans
- Installing Diesel or gasoline fired bunk heaters
- Sanding and finishing cabinets
- Upholstering wall and door panels
- Wiring 12v lighting and electronics systems
- Installing solar panels and auxiliary battery systems
- Installing aftermarket bumpers, racks, hitches and awnings
- Plumbing fresh and grey water systems
- Cutting and welding steel into bed and utility frames.
- Maintain and source inventory
- Maintain records and documentation
- Work with vendors for specifying materials
- Clean, prep, and test overall system for final delivery
- Additional shop duties as directed
Wage to be determined by experience and knowledge of candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Denver, CO 80216
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org