JOIN THE TEAM
+ VEHICLE ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable full-time vehicle assembly technician for our Denver, CO location.
About the Company
Vanlife Customs was founded 3 years ago in a back yard in Boulder, CO. Since then, the business has grown organically through word of mouth and now has seven full-time employees working out of a shop in Denver, CO. Vanlife Customs employs military veterans, a trained architect, an aerospace extraordinaire, a mechanical engineer, as well as other van dwellers and moto-gurus with a wide variety of skills and experience between them.
Vanlife Customs is rapidly becoming a leading provider of custom designed and upfitted camper vans. We specialize in building custom Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit and Dodge ProMaster vans to fit a wide array of lifestyles. From a full-time traveler to weekend warriors, we build vans to suit every type of adventure.
About the role
We are currently looking for a full-time vehicle assembly technician to join our well-established and successful team. This position is responsible for the construction, installation, finishing, quality assurance, and function test of components and equipment installed in our vehicles.
Applicant must have experience working with hand tools, power tools (track saw, table saw, drill press, grinders, etc.), other shop equipment, and the ability to train on and implement new equipment. Broad mechanical and electrical knowledge, an acute attention to detail, and a positive attitude are required. Vanlife Customs has a fun work atmosphere, unique company culture, and we are prepared to train and invest in our staff.
Work Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm.
Detail-oriented – able to: make aesthetic design decisions, analyze faults, think through a process and likely problems prior to execution, avoid careless behavior
Self-starter – take initiative in progressive steps on each project, self-directed
Maintain a safe, clean, and tidy work space; Vanlife Customs takes pride in our company image
Project a friendly, kind, and positive attitude; No one likes to work with unpleasant people
Must be able to follow directions, work as a team, or as an individual
Must possess mechanical aptitude
Take pride in work completed
Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Cut and install insulation
- Fabricate components from scratch materials
- Assemble and install subcontracted components
- Upholster and install wall and door panels
- Perform detail cleaning of exterior of vehicles including washing, windows, tires, wheels, etc.
- Perform detail cleaning of interior of vehicles including kitchen unit, wall cabinets, stove, sink, garage, passenger areas and all other interior compartments
- Meet schedule deadlines
- Test systems in vehicle and verify proper operation
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Shop cleaning
- Additional shop duties as directed
- Knowledge of general construction practices
- Experience safely operating hand tools and power tools (drill press, grinders, table saw, circular saw, cutoff wheel, chop saw, pneumatic nail gun, sanders, jig saw, spray adhesive, and other general shop tools)
- A basic understanding of computers
- Read and understand production documentation: drawings, installation instructions, etc.
- Ask questions rather than make assumptions
- Precision use of sheet metal cutting tools
- Prior planning and use of layout tools
- Install, diagnose, and repair mechanical components including appliances, roof vents, hatches
- Remove and install bumpers, roof racks, light bars, bicycle carriers, external storage options, ladders, awnings, cross bars, etc.
- Re-seal roof vents and hatches
- Install, diagnose, and repair diesel and gas heaters
- Cut through body panels to install windows, fans, solar systems, shore power plugs
- Assemble and install subcontracted components
- Install, diagnose and repair 110V AC wiring including inverters, shore power plugs
- Install, diagnose and repair 12V DC components and wiring including off road lights, interior lights, water pumps, relays, fans, batteries, charge controllers and all other DC components
- Construct and install 12V DC and 110V AC wiring harnesses
- Install solar arrays and charging systems
- Install, diagnose and repair plumbing system including water pump, hot water heater, faucets, sink drains, plumbing and fittings, water tanks, drains and all other plumbing components
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Experience in power tool operation (drills, grinders, reciprocating saws, etc....)
- Basic knowledge in welding and steel fabrication a plus
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to learn and complete tasks correctly
- Body and Equipment Mounting Manual familiarity
Job Type: Full time
Experience: General building 1+ years
Job Location: Denver, CO 80216
For consideration please send resume, cover letter, and photos of relevant projects/builds to: firstname.lastname@example.org